Translate

Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
Powered By google

20 May 2011

London, England 18 - 23 May, 2011

This is actually only a very short stay in one of my favorite places, London, England. I am here to attend the annual meeting of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain. I arrived around 9 AM this morning after not having to much success sleeping on my overnight flight.

Since I was unable to check into my hotel until 2 PM, I took the opportunity to walk around the Hyde Park area. I am glad I did, because a block away from ny hotel I happened by a beautiful old synagogue, the New West End Synagogue. It is a beautiful old building and situated so close to Hyde Park, it makes for a very peaceful walk. The front of the synagogue is in the picture at the left.


This is not the first time that I have been to London, in fact I am very lucky to be able to come quite often. It never gets old to come here. London is a city that is a great mix of old and new. While it is constantly updating and there seems to be no short of new construction it still is very much a city full of history. I take any chance given me to just walk around and take it all in. I did just that today, and the picture below is of St. Martin's in The Fields church, which is just off of Trafalgar Square.



I must say that the highlight of this trip was the receiving of the 2011 Roll of Honour award from the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain. I truly love my friends there, and could not possibly put into words how overwhelmed I feel about this recognition.




I thank them again, with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment